This is the second day. it’s time to talk more specific about writing in english.
- Greet everyone in class (plus teacher do the absent). Do NOT let the students fill the absent by themselves! C’mon, this is not a lecture class!
- Review about their writings previous meeting. Hand them their works.
- Ask what writing experience they have.
- Ask their opinion about what writing is.
- Give them the theories.. brief introduction about writing. bla bla blaaa… Lalalaaa,, the curriculum depends on the ability of the students, not only following what is given by ur upper admission.
- Before the class is ended, remind the students that writing has a strong bond with reading. The more u read, the better u write. That’s why.. Give them a weekly task to read and review one article each week. Any articles depends on their interest. The review contains title, topic, writer, the goals of the articles, a short sinopsys, organization of the sentences & paragraph, the vocabularies and dictions student learns from it, etc.
~ Then each week spare some 30 minutes to discuss 2 – 3 articles that students bring.
~ Alternative task : blogging in english
Well, after all, the most important things are :
Just keep the class interactive and active so that the students won’t get bored.
Be prepared, don’t let urself looked ridiculous in front of ur students. It’s a sin and the students won’t respect u anymore.